Poster of the Week: Bone Tomahawk


Bone Tomahawk is a western horror about a group of small towners who must face off against a cannibalistic tribe that kidnaps the town deputy and doctor's assistant. 
As far as the film goes, it's interesting. It's certainly the most gory, gritty representation of the genre since The Propostion. It's overly cheesy though and is painful to watch such a talented cast try to make the best of the such silly dialogue. But, that's not why we're here today, we're here to admire this gorgeous poster. 

This is probably one of the better movie posters I've seen this year. I love how it looks like a fine bristled brush painting, I love how it incorporates elements of the Japanese samurai film into its look. And I especially love Lili Simmons' face imbedded in the blood red sun. 
I don't know if I like the movie enough to buy a copy and watch it multiple times, but I sure as hell like this poster enough to buy a copy and admire it up on my wall multiple times. 

Comments

  1. I've never been to a 3D movie. I wanted to go see "Inception" at an IMAX theater, but no one else in my family wanted to. I'm thinking of going to go see "Titanic" when it is released in 3D with a friend of mine, but I don't want to have the awkward situation where we both end up taking off our 3D glasses and watching it in 2D. I rented "My Bloody Valentine 3D" and I watched a few minutes of it in 3D with the 3D glasses and it didn't work, maybe it's because I don't have a 3D tv.

    So can someone explain the experience of watching a movie in 3D at the cinemas?
    In This Bih

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    Tokyo Industries

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts